So is 2017 the year for you to run or walk your way to your first half marathon finish?
Or is 2017 the year to improve your PR half-marathon time?
Did you answer “yes!” to either of these questions?
If so, then join the Fleet Feet Fall 2017 Half-Marathon Training Program.
This program is specifically designed to prepare you for the 2Cities Half Marathon in November, but can be utilized for any fall half-marathon.
Training Group Times & Locations:
Kickoff: July 11th 7PM at Fleet Feet.
Twice a week coach-led group workouts:
Tuesdays at 7PM (6PM later in the season) at Fleet Feet or Clovis West track
Saturdays at 6AM at Fleet Feet or other locations
Structured Thursday evening runs at Fleet Feet, optional
Variety of running locations include Woodward Park, Clovis Trails, Millerton area hills, and some optional races.
Suggested Activity Level Prior To Start Of Training:
Participants should have been doing some exercising recently, but the program encourages walk/run intervals for those doing their first half who haven’t been running a lot. Experienced runners who are looking for a fast time will also be challenged as there will be schedules for both advanced and beginner half-marathoners. The opportunity will be there for veteran runners to do some of their long runs with the full marathoners on some challenging hills.
You are strongly encouraged to consult with your physician and have a physical in preparation for this rigorous training program.
Training Group Levels
1) Beginner – First time half-marathoners using Run/Walk method
2) Advanced– Faster paced and longer runs for more experienced runners.
1. Guaranteed Lowest Price for 2CM
2. Written beginner, intermediate, and advanced daily training schedules developed by Fleet Feet Training Team Coordinator, John Volkman who has run over 150 marathons including one in every state and has coached marathoners for over 18 years.
3. Twice a week coach-led trainings
4. Experienced coaching at group workouts.
5. Exclusive discount shopping days
6. Regular informational email updates
7. Educational seminars and coaching on: running technique and strategy, running shoes and gear, nutrition and hydration, stretching, injury treatment/prevention, massage.
8. Past team members: Join again or Refer a friend-$10 gift card
REGISTRATION for Fleet Feet Training:
$145 for 16 weeks. (Registration for training does not include race entry.)
There are no exchanges or transfers at any time
A maximum of 100 people will be allowed
Kickoff: Tuesday July 11th, 7PM at Fleet Feet Fresno
You will want to plan to attend Kick-off! Important schedule and training info, food, free running shirt, and fun to all who attend. If you can’t make it, then arrangements can be made to get the information at another time.
Marathon Race Registration Information
Registration for Fleet Feet training does not include race entry.
Two Cities Marathon: You get the lowest race registration rate by joining Fleet Feet Training Groups! So wait to register for the race until after training starts. You will get instructions on how to get the lowest rate once training has started. For Two Cities Marathon info go to: http://www.twocitiesmarathon.com/
Call: Coach John @ (559) 367-1304 or Fleet Feet Fresno @ (559) 433-6750